Company Secretary Job in Malaysia
If you are looking for prestigious and financially rewarding jobs in Malaysia, Company Secretary is the one which you should consider seriously. Besides that the Company Secretary job also carries with it a high level of job satisfaction.
What is the law say on Company Secretary ?
Every company in Malaysia is required by statute to have at least one company secretary in Malaysia. If you are small company, you can also hire external Company Secretary.
A company secretary must be licensed by the Companies Commission of Malaysia (CCM) and before known as Registrar of Companies ROC). Any person who contravenes this requirement shall be guilty of an offence against the Companies Act.
Requirement to be Company Secretary
- The company secretary must be a member of a professional body or licensed by the Companies Commission of Malaysia pursuant to section 139 of the Companies Act.
- The company secretary must be of full age (18 years old) with his principal or only place of residence in Malaysia.
- Not bankcrupt
- Not a criminal as stated in section 130(1) of the Companies Act 1965.
Duties and Responsibilities (job description) of Company Secretary
The duties and responsibilities of company secretaries depend mainly on the expectations of the board of directors and to ensure compliance with the disclosure and information requirements of the Companies Act. In summary, the job description of Company Secretary is as follows :
- Organise meetings including send out notices for meetings
- Take down minutes of board and general meetings
- File statutory returns (in the prescribed forms) required by the Companies Act 1965 with the Companies Commission of Malaysia
- Keep and maintain the various registers at the registered office of the company.
The Minister has approved the following professional bodies as the prescribed professional bodies:
- The Malaysian Association of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA)
- Malaysian Association of Company Secretaries
- The Malaysian Bar
- The Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Malaysian Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- The Sabah Law Association
- The Advocates’ Association of Sarawak
Where can you find Company Secretary job and also the candidates ?
Besides the famous recruitment portal such as jobstreet.com.my you may also want to check www.maicsa.org.my job section as many companies advertised their Company Secretary in that website.
Incoming search terms:
- apa itu MAICSA (2)